Friday, May 8, 2009

The Natural Mystic

I remember signing up on youtube to specifically create a tribute to the legendary Bob Marley. I began collecting sentimental images of Bob Marley at various stages of his life. I chose one of my favorite songs "I Shot the Sheriff" as the background audio for the slideshow. During my research, I came across surprising and interesting facts about Bob Marley and I wanted to share it with everyone:

1) His real name was Robert Nesta Marley

2) Bob Marley's first single was "Judge Not" a song about morality

3) He worked in a welding shop before he became famous

4) Recorded Exodous while residing in London

5) He did visit Ethiopia, spiritual home of Rastafari

6) He had 8 children; 6 sons and 2 daughters (Cedella, Damian, Julian, Ky-Mani, Stephanie, Stephen, Ziggy, Rohan, & Karen)

7) Marley was shot at his home in 1976

8) In 1977 Bop Marley injured his toe while playing football in London. The wound had become cancerous.

9) On Monday, May 11, 1980 the Natural Mystic passed away in a Miami hospital on his way to Jamaica.

What are some interesting facts about BM?

1 comment: